Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Thank you Tami Jo!

I love having a friend that will actually hold you accountable when you ask them to! Tami Jo is one of those people and this post is my 'at least once a week' post and it shall be ALL about her! (I know you love it Tams!)

Tami Jo and I met in Masters Commission 7 going on 8 years ago. When we first met, we didn't really 'click' in fact Tami Jo thought I was quite pompous (which I was) and loud (which I still can be at times!) Our 2nd year at RMC gave us time to get to know each other better and we became QUICK friends. I spend TONS of time at her apartment and throughout the year I watched Moulin Rouge about a MILLION times at her place. They always had it on for some reason.... not complaining but strange! :)

After we finished our 2nd year we both moved on and things got crazy for us. There were MANY hours between us, yet we still kept in contact and knew that we had a special bond. We were able to move closer to each other and both made the effort to travel the 3 hours to make our friendship work and I am SOOOOO glad we did. Now we again live several hours apart and since we are both married and Tami Jo has a baby life gets crazy and we don't get to talk as often as we used to.

The great thing though is that through ALL of this, Tami Jo and I both know that the other is going to answer the phone at 3:30 in the morning when the other is having a hard time, or will drop everything when the other calls with a fun story. We pray for each other in not just the hard times, but the good ones too and when we do have those few and far between moments that we get to chat on the phone, it's like we've never spent any time apart.

My friendship with Tami Jo is one of the biggest blessings in my life and I am SO grateful for her. She encourages me, prays for me, loves me unconditionally, and of course KEEPS ME ACCOUNTABLE! I pray that each of you has a Tami Jo in your life, cause I don't know how I would survive without mine. Call your Tami Jo and tell her how much you appreciate her- or if you're like me and can't call cause you are up too late... blog about her! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenna you poop...you made me cry. Gosh, I love you so much and you have been a HUGE blessing in my life. I think God was laughing when we put us together so that we would habe to work together at RMC because He knew my feelings towards you...little did I know that you became my 3:30 in the morning phone call friend! You have been such a rock for me especially during these hard moments for me and my family the past two months. Words can't desribe my appreciation and love towards you. I would never trade you in Jenna...you will forever be my BFFFE (Best Friend For Ever and Ever)!

Jenna said...

Love you!