Thursday, June 25, 2009

Gentle Reminders...

God reminded me today that my life is not about me...

My aunt has Fibromyalgia, which I could never understand cause she always seemed so 'normal.' My grandma has a constant burnished taste in her mouth and a bad smell in her nose where she can't taste ANYTHING, but rarely complains about it. My father is dealing with cancer of the blood but didn't get sick throughout chemo and I have taken that for granted- just assuming he's okay all the time. My mother in her lifetime has lost a husband, her only son, two sets of in-laws, a brother to suicide, a brother-in-law to heart attack, and is now dealing with Dad's cancer-yet she isn't depressed and doesn't have the 'woe is me' syndrome.

HOW THE HECK?!?!?!

I complain when I get a headache! NEVER have I been able to understand how people deal with things like that, and I am one of those that tends to forget what people are going through. Then i either take for granted their strength, or condemn them for acting a certain way. SHAME ON ME! I am so selfish it makes me sick. God used a new 'blog friend' of mine to remind me of this and to show me just how my selfishness can effect others. Thank you for a reminder to stop looking at myself and how things effect me. I need to take more time to empathize with others and leave Jenna out of things.

3 comments:

Lyryn said...

:) I'm glad I could help you see the error of your ways. j/k. Its funny because when I started writing it I wasn't going with what I wrote at all, but then God really convicted me! Man... crazy how God does that, right?!

Your aunt has Fibromyalgia. Pretty crazy! Well, I'm glad that the Lord used this! And thanks for the shout out!

Erica said...

that was so good jenna! just what i needed to "hear" today

Jenna said...

It's amazing how God speaks! :)