Thursday, July 30, 2009

New Recipe- Crescent Chicken Squares

So last night Dave and I tried a new recipe- and I'm trying something new myself. I'm taking pictures of our meals and posting them with the recipe. A photographer I am NOT so please give me grace for my horrendous photos! The food looked better in person!
Crescent Chicken Squares
8 oz pkg cream cheese softened
1 tbsp butter softened
2 cups cooked chicken shredded OR a 10.5 ox can of chicken
3-4 tbsp milk
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup frozen peas or broccoli cut into small pieces
2 tubes of crescent rolls
1 tbsp melted butter
1/8 cup bread crumbs

Heat oven to 350* In a medium bowl beat cream cheese and softened butter until smooth. Add chicken, milk, seasoning, and veggies. Set aside.
On 2 baking sheets make 8 rectangles by pressing two crescents together. Scoop chicken mixture in the center of each and pull the four corners together and twist together to seal- brush with butter and sprinkle bread crumbs over top.
Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown.

OUTCOME: It was okay-Dave said it was more like chicken salad than anything else. I think next time I'll use the same crescent pocket idea and maybe do BBQ chicken with some mozzarella cheese. It's a fun concept but needs some work. Any ideas???

2 comments:

Erica said...

cheese. definitely cheese!

Jenna said...

Mmmmm.... CHEESE!!!